View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I've done MANY cars, this is the first Porsche. They each have their quirks. The only one that didn't was my Cobra - just tons of good 'ol American horsepower stuck between two frame rails with a gas tank, a transmission, a independent rear setup, a gas tank and a 15 circuit fuse box, wrapped in a beautiful fiberglass body. Stone cold simple and fast beyond belief. That was the only easy one of the bunch. Hopefully this one goes easy and is fun.
Pelican has an IMS basic kit. Pretty much the same bearing (possibly upgraded) as stock. Certainly one of the least expensive options. Worth at least a look.

The aftermarket AOS replacements are notorious for sucking... Porsche for that one.

Porsche Unicorn Blood, check Suncoast, they have it by the quart.

The regulators aren’t too bad, just fiddly.

Should you find your brain box to be an issue check out these guys:

Porsche 996 & Boxster ECU Test and Repair, Immobilizer Removal, and Performance Tuning Upgrades - Specialized ECU Repair

The rest is pretty much the labor and what not. Overall, these are not particularly hard cars to work on, but they are a little more complex. The main issue with motor work is the cramped work space, but again, it is manageable.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote