View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
1). LN engineering.
2). I think all of the aftermarket tops look like the stock canvas. I have a glass window aftermarket top and I find the rear visibility a non issue.
5). They are not available separately from the headlights. Some guys have had good luck with weather stripping.

I'll leave the electrical stuff to the experts (particlewave).

Welcome to the best forum on the interwebs!!
1) I'll leave others to comment, as I'm sticking with my original dual row bearing...

2) I'm also planning to replace mine in near future, I like more vintage vinyl look with larger size, but one thing to consider is that the glass top can be operated in cold climate without fear to crack the vinyl window. if you drive with top down mostly then the window size won't matter.

4) For sporty, comfy ride, check out Koni FSD. I have those on my Saab 9-5 and love them.

5) Mine was gooey but finally bit a bullet to replace original, faded (and burnt lens inside) lights with new ones, and the car looks younger and lighting quality got much better. If your lenses are aged beyond polishing, consider some investment.

7) When I bought my car, pass side mirror was acting strange, it responds correctly to some switch positions but other times no response or both driver and pass mirrors moved together.... Long story short, my issue was that a few connector pins at the root of mirror (behind interior plastic triangle) were bent and shorted with others, apparently someone pushed it misaligned. I carefully pulled and straightened out each pin then mated up to female connector, and it fixed the issue. I'd check your switch first though, you can check for voltage for pass side and carefully open it up for cleaning terminals.

8) I'm very surprised that my 20-yr old top seals does not even leak a drop of rain. I'd not fix it if it ain't broken...
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote