View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
Zibodo

Brake sensor wire support clip parts question

I just replaced the suspension in my '98. I did the rears first and had no major issues, but in the front, on the first side I did, in the process of siding the shock out of the wheel carrier, I broke two small plastic clips which held the brake pad sensor wire to the shock and to the brake line respectively. I have the wires temporarily tied in place, but I would like to replace the correct support clips. I am kind of finicky about using original style parts for replacement since I know once I start down the path of zip ties and string, I will soon have a beater. I have looked at the Porsche Classic parts diagrams and cannot identify them from the drawings, and I sent a note to Pelican and they did not seem to be able to Identify them. Does anyone know how to find the right part numbers for these and where I might procure them?

Here are pictures of the broken parts.

This is the clip that holds wire to brake line. You can see I just spread it too wide and it cracked.

This clip straddles the lower hole on shock to hold brake line. When I pulled the shock out of the carrier, it just sheared off. This clip does not exist in the rear. There the sensor wire has a sleeve with a groove that slides into a mating slot on the shock. In the front, the shock has a closed hole so it needs a clip like this.

Help!
Zibodo is offline   Reply With Quote