View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 06:21 AM   #10
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA_G20 View Post
What I'm saying is I'd rather not drive a tin can with a hairblower under the hood.

I am addicted to visiting my mechanic shop more often to repair my autobahn tanks
I took my 2002 Toyota Prius with 204,000 mi. on a 3500 mile trip last summer to see the Eclipse. I got low 40''s, it had lots of power to run the hills of AZ, NV, CA, & OR. Cruising a 75, it wouldn't strain or lose speed in cruise & would pass slower traffic with ease. And the seats don't leave me crippled after a day on the road. Well built, check. Reliable, check.

It does have a hairblower under the hood, check. That's supercharged by hybrid electric technology.

I also have a 96 Dakota 4x4, 250,000 miles. Engine runs like a top, but does mark its territory. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. But would need deep pockets to do it.

My 01 Boxster, imho, is so far a money pit. But it was a beater when I bought it & I've been bringing back. I am continually puzzled how a car with 74,500 mi. could be this beaten up and degraded, tho. I got it cheap, but then, there's no such thing as a cheap Porsche. . .
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote