Thread: Milky coolant.
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 04:36 AM   #38
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. The best bet right now does seem to be a “place holder” car. Something to drive for a bit and be able to sell for what I bought it for.

Does anyone have any suggestions for selling the box? The missus wants me to keep it and fix it when I finish up college. However selling it and getting it in the right hands is probably best for me and the car. I just am not sure who the right hands are or for what purpose would be right.
Listen to the wife for crying out loud.

Do you like the car? Do you really want to keep it? Can you afford to cover it and wait until you're able to afford the repair? Do you enjoy performing your own repairs? Can you hardly wait until you're able to get back under the hood?

I get the entire "Don't want to put into the car money for which it isn't worth" rhetoric, but doesn't anyone who owns a Porsche give less than TF about the resale value, right now? Doesn't anyone just own the car... drive it... work on it... buy parts once in awhile without worrying about the resale value, if ever that happens?

Go purchase a beater... drive to school... graduate... and when you go to sell the beater again cast aside those TF... do the per-mile-per-dollar analysis for feelings... repair the car... then resuming life.

No? Sounds like a slam dunk.