View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #3988
Brian in Tucson

Temp in Tucson today was high 70's, sunny and a nice breeze.

I'm over the hump and on the downhill side of installing a replacement motor in my 01. This weekend, I finished connecting the hoses and stuff on the driver's side of the engine bay, positioned the A/C compressor and got the electrical connected. Finished the engine mount and the transmission mounts, installed the Tiptronic shifter linkage, installed the half shafts, got the gas return line on the passenger side connected to fuel rail. pulled the wiring harness through the rear bulkhead and got all the trunk connections done. Connected the power cable on the top of the engine and the ground wire on the right side. Connected the battery and put it on a charger. Turned the car to run and lifted the top.

Tomorrow, going to put the diagonal rails and the transmission pan back on. And the sway bar. And the crossover in front of the transmission and behind the engine. Probably will connect all the coolant hoses on the front of the engine and install the new 4 way hose. Planning to put the reservoir back on the power steering pump and fill it with P/S oil.

Still have lots to do, patience is a virtue, and neatness counts.

My shoulder hurts!:ah:

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 01-28-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote