Thread: Tire /Rim size
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
eomak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Hi Eomak, are those real TechArt side skirts or copies? Yours are the best TA fitment I’ve seen.

I bought a set of fiberglass copies from eBay and the test fit is not bad. Really considering installing them this spring. Was planning on keeping my SE totally stock but I really like the way the TA skirts clean up the rocker panel look without a lot of swoops and contours. I like the Caractere skirts also (kind of retro 964), but not for $725 per side unpainted.

I’ve decided to keep the SE for the long term, so I’m not so worried about keeping it pure stock for resale. It’s a driver, not a garage queen. I do plan to only make mods that can be reversed back to stock without too much grief.

Anyway, any source/fitment info you can give me is appreciated. Sorry for the thread hijack!
Hi,Yes they are the TechArt. I bought them used off ebay..came of a crashed boxster..they needed a little TLC before repaint.. but yea they fit like a glove .. not sure because they where already fitted on a boxster before.. I did install them not like everyone else has installed side skirts.which is I followed that body line that's just under the door oem rocker panel.I think gives a factory look. Every other rocker panel ive seen install they install it under that line/groove so its noticeable..even on 911's... But it does lower the rocker panel closer to the ground if your looking for that look.
eomak is offline   Reply With Quote