View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #4
ben2000

Boxturd - I certainly understand the frustration. I don't know if it will help you, but after I went thru this, I jotted down some notes (just in case I unexpectedly had to go thru it again)

"1) there was an electrical connector (immobilizer) that had to be reattached – and there was absolutely no way to get more than a finger back there (w/ my hand thru the driver's side vent I had removed), and very awkward at that. Probably w/ the dash off this would be more feasible, but as-is, it was very hard and only after an hr or 2 did I get it back on and attached
2) just mechanically – I had to try over and over to get it just right where the lock cylinder didn’t pop back out. I think (not sure now) I had to leave the paper clip IN it until I got it back to off (0) position before I removed that paper clip. But first it had to be seated where it wouldn’t pop back out too"

also i will add - the paper clip thing - I just used a regular, large size paper clip. Straightened about half of it out - 2-3 inches....and that was what I was inserting. It didn't go in smoothly/easily ---- I had to jiggle the key with 1 hand, and with the other hand push the paper clip in (repeatedly) until it finally "took" and went all the way in like needed. And was same getting it out.
ben2000 is offline   Reply With Quote