View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #9
Oldcarguy

Headlight covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Personally I like the 986 headlight look...... very GT1. They look way better than the post 2002 996 droopy headlights. Getting a 987 is the solution if you don't like 986 lights. Those tacky add ons look, well, tacky.
+1 on what Paul said. I like the 986 headlight look also. I was just screwing around with the covers because I came across a set of cheap TechArt knockoffs.

I think a lot of the dislike regarding the original 986/996 headlights is fading away. Integrated aerodynamic lights are everywhere now, including on Porsche. It’s just not a deal like it was when Porsche sent the ‘purists’ into fits introducing water cooling, shared body panels and aerodynamic integrated headlights all more or less at the same time in the late 1990s. Heck, I remember when the ‘purists’ went ballistic over the 993 headlights.

Here’s a shot of my 986 right side light after I refinished it, finishing with SprayMax 2k catalyst UV headlight clear coat over SprayMax 1k headlight primer. They are in all their glory now, thumbing their collective nose at the naysayers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 01-21-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote