View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #43
Porsche-Eh

Here is my lazy happy compromise to storing cars up here in the cold north for 6-7 months of the year, eh:
- add fuel stabilizer (note, my ride-on lawnmower survives with no fuel stabilizer being stored for up to 8 months with no problems). But you just can't add it after you stored it, you want it in the lines so you must drive it a bit after adding.
- change the oil (I'd rather do it in the fall than in the spring when I want to drive) and filter. In the past I've been known not to change the oil. Nothing bad happened.
- take out battery, bring inside where it's warm
- put in some Bounce sheets (ya, I know, people say it doesn't keep mice away, but again, I'm lazy and optimistic.)
- do not put parking brake on.
- leave in neutral and blocked or slightly elevated on stands (easier to work on car over winter if it is on stands).

That's it. 20+ years and still works for me. Of course, I don't own any museum quality cars

I'm thinking more and more I need to buy a 996 C4 winter beater. I would even prefer it be Tip simply because stick on ice in traffic is not fun. Fun with no-one around but not fun in traffic. Anyone have a project one they want to sell me on the cheap?
Porsche-Eh is offline   Reply With Quote