View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
ben2000

2000 Boxster -ignition lock cylinder woes

Hey folks
I was having issues w/ my key being hard to turn. Following the tech articles, I had removed the ignition lock cylinder to get a better look at the mechanical portion of the ignition behind it.

https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Porsche-996-997-Carrera/86-ELEC-Replacing_Your_Ignition_Switch_Steering_Lock/images_small/pic02.jpg

When I was ready to reinstall the ignition lock cylinder, this was VERY difficult and took me couple hrs of trying.

The problem was that, in my case, there was virtually NO slack in the wiring harness to the immobilizer that's shown in the above link's picture (that is on the top side of the lock cylinder). In the picture it's pulled out of the hole some which would make it much easier to reattach.

I had the driver's door vent off so I had better access to things................but even w/ that I could only just barely get 1 finger on the connector when trying to line that up to fit it back. I got it done, but just wondering if others have found any tips to help here.
Thanks
ben2000 is offline   Reply With Quote