View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
mikeyg

Cooling system leak?

Ok.
Got my car back after it being in the shop having its bumper fixed and some new front brakes.
Barely got it home and got out to a hissing sound and water? (Was dark so not sure if it was something else) dropping out rear driver side (just in from the wheel) and some steam as it must have been hitting something hot in the engine.)
I'd been to the local tyre garage to have a tyre checked and it was fine there. It was only 6 or 7 mile drive to a shop where after I got out I noticed the steam and small leak. I moved it out of the car park and parked up somewhere more accessible by now there was a good puddle. Thought best to turn off and leave it at this point.
After walking away a few minutes to throw up and ponder the fact the holiday I want to take the family on may now end up in a mechanics back pocket, I returned and turned the engine on briefly to see what warning lights I'd got.
I got no alarms or lights other that the top right cooling gauge flashing red and showing 40.
The normal 5 second oil check was also now stating 55mins!

Ok questions for the experts as ive had this car since mid October and only driven it for about a thousand kilometres before it went in the garage early december to have a bumper fixed (a small crease the dealer said he'd fix for me when i bought it) and some new front brake pads.

How bad is this? Likely cost?
Can i drive it to a local(ish) garage or is it a case of having the car collected/towed at this point.

The dream of calling myself a porsche owner is already starting to turn into a nightmare

Ive included 2 photos. Not the only warning lights on when the engine was started were the seatbelt and parking light icons

Any advice, help appreciated
Mike

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote