View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 02:02 AM   #7
AZ986S

I just had this problem last summer. See post below. Not saying that is your problem and I'm sure there are other things that the cause low oil pressure like worn bearings etc...

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/67743-accusump-install-2.html

For me, it ended up being a valve spring that broke, taking out the hydraulic lifter and valve keeper debris being swallowed through the bank 2 scavenge pump and main oil pump. This in turn damaged the oil pump gears and aluminum pump cassette walls. So the moral of the story for me was that I tried different oils, installed the upgraded pressure relief piston and spring etc... to no avail, until I dropped the oil sump to discover the debris. The oil pump and cassette are about $500 and probably a PIA to replace with the engine in...

Attached Images

2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 01-11-2018 at 02:06 AM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote