View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadweller View Post
Thanks guys...What puzzled me is that the vibration isn't there 100% of the time. I've been in the car several times trying to replicate it, and it never appeared, which is why I questioned him to begin with. This time, I was in the car with him for over an hour, and for nearly the entire time, there was no vibration at all. I was about to refer him to a psychiatrist, when the vibration just appeared out of nowhere while sitting at a light.

Would a bad motor mount cause an intermittent issue like this, or would the vibration be present 100% of the time?
Depends, if the MM is shot (I promise you it is with that mileage if it’s original) it’s possible that another issue causing a vibration is felt more. So no, most likely an intermittent vibe isn’t going to be caused by the MM but a dead MM can potentially be felt for sure at idle. Especially if the center rubber has completely detached, which is very common. Basically the front of the engine is sitting low, and on a slightly damped chunk of metal.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote