View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #14
RobertKing

Boxster, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfix View Post
How tall are you? I am just a little over 6' and the Boxster does not have enough leg room.

I have a 911 and it is way more roomy and I fit in that a lot better.

Check it out for yourself before you commit to a sale.
I'm 6'2". I feel like I'm falling getting in but, once in, with the seat adjusted for me
I'm far more comfortable in my 2001 Boxster S than I am in my Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, the Geo Storm I had before, the Ferrari I test drove for a week, the 69 Mustang I drove for a year or the Mercury Montego MX (302 Boss engine) I drove for 10 years. Never mind the El Dorado, 65 Galaxy 500, and another 15 or so vehicles I've owned or driven regularly over the past 40+ years. Nearly bought a Jaguar before the Boxster. Very nice car, lots of power but, also very tight in the seat.

Here's what sold me on my current Boxster. I drove her, a few miles from the dealership. I crossed 2 railroad tracks and decided to drop the top so, I pulled off the road. That turn off of the roadway sold me. Felt nothing on the tracks. Felt like gravity, turning off to drop the top. The Ferrari never felt that good talking a sharp sloping turn. Though, have to say, the Ferrari was much prettier