Thread: Selling dilemma
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #8
Kendo

Thanks for all your inputs.

I will go check against other websites to get a better idea of the price.

As for maintenance the car has been kept in good condition. It has had the CV boots replaced at 60K, motor mount at 30K (upgraded to Pedro’s enthusiast mount so it is still in one piece today), both rear wheel bearings at 90K, AOS At 90K, clutch at 60K (mis-diaganosis really was clutch helper spring that had failed), IMS bearing replaced with ceramic at 60K.

As RobertKing mentioned if you are dropping the tranny you may as well do the clutch. This is why I haven’t bothered to fix the bushing as the clutch only has 55K on it. Up until this point of selling my reasoning was, check tranny fluid every oil change and keep a piece of cardboard on the garage floor to catch the occasional drip. Once car gets some more miles do the clutch and the bushing.

As for driving in snow I love this car and I suggest anyone with a boxster take theirs out in the snow (with SNOW TIRES). It is my daily driver and with the proper tires this car will out perform many; it balanced, low to the ground and the PSM keeps things under control when things do become a little too slick. Of course if snow gets deeper than 4” I jump in my SUV

Currently leaning towards just divulging the bushing issue and the cost to fix it. Then hopefully someone like, husker boxster, can buy it, drop the tranny themselves and save some money.
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote