View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #3
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
What is the general thought on rear GT3 arms and sway bar, I’ve been running with front GT3 control arms, front GT3 sway bar, and rear toe links but haven’t spent the money on the rear sway and arms. Is it worth it, are you guys using the adjustability and seeing lap time improvements?

What rear bar do you have and what struts/springs are you running?

I've heard that the front GT3 bar on the softest settings, even though it is stiffer than the stock bars, can actually provide more grip in the front because it keeps the car from leaning over so much in the front. Then I have also heard that it is a fine line, and too much stiffness in the front can increase the understeer. How is it working for you? (And how easy was it to install, I haven't replaced a front sway bar yet)

Quote:
What is the general thought on rear GT3 arms
Do you need more neg camber in the back, or are you wanting to go to monoballs in the lower control arms? If you have enough neg camber back there and you just want to go monoballs, several places have press in monoball cartridges, rennline has some for $250, and elephant has some for $390 that are offset and can give you an extra -.36 of neg camber to boot.

Quote:
Is it worth it, are you guys using the adjustability and seeing lap time improvements?

Is the car doing things now that are holding you back?

For example, I am on the stock M030 sport suspension, running 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear. It is much more balanced that when using 205/50/17 front, but I am still biased towards understeer (which I like, and which may go away as I get more skills... ) but I still have the following issues:
  • I am losing time on late mid-corner and track exit on long sweepers due to understeer
  • On tighter corners I am also losing time due to understeer
  • My rear tires are stuck like glue, the only time I can break them loose is if I get too aggressive trail braking or lift when the car is highly loaded up. Which makes me feel very safe, but I am losing time...
  • My car is really leaning in the turns, and I am also wearing the edges of my tires too much still, even with -2.5 in front and -1.9 in back.

I have recently gotten both the front and rear Tarett GT bars (GT3 front and their adjustable matched rear bar) and I hope to solve those problems and see what happens. I'm not installing them until later in February where I am going to a private/open track day where I will have plenty of time to get it dialed in without having to worry about sessions or missing my runs.

If it solves these issues for me than to me it would be worth it If not, I guess it would be an educational experience and that would be worth it too...

Last edited by steved0x; 01-03-2018 at 05:33 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote