View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:02 AM   #11
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertKing View Post
Just joined PCA but, I am very much averse to placing decals anywhere on my
vehicle. To me, it's a sacrilege to do so. Always has been. Honestly, I don't like
stickers/decals. I find them to be cheap looking. Don't want to hurt the paint,
don't want to block the view and certainly could never place it on the plastic
rear window so, what do You do? I don't honestly care if anyone knows I'm a
PCA member, not knocking them just, don't care about false status.
The decal you get from PCA is a static cling decal that goes on the interior of the windshield, I've got mine down low on the passenger side, it doesn't block the view and is easy to move around and reposition if needed. In fact this decal was on my previous windshield that was cracked by a rock and I moved it to the new windshield. That one along with the Boxster register decal (to the left) and the 60th anniversary decal were reused, the rest are exterior vinyl and I had to get new ones dang it.

Way back when it was the only decal I had, it was in the very corner of the passenger side. It looks good there, try it

It kind of blends in with the other decals though on mine

And +1 to all the stuff thstone said above about joining PCA, I too am about 45 minutes to an hour away - they do have socials and dinners around every month or so, and they had a car show at a nearby airport, and while I have only been to a few, that combined with the folks I see every few months at the track events, I have made a lot of new friends And the Panorama magazine is pretty good too.

And welcome to here, even with the various FB groups (and I really like the Boxster Outlaw one) - this 986forum is in my opinion the premier 986 Boxster hangout and technical resource.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote