Thread: Selling dilemma
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
Kendo

Selling dilemma

It has been awhile since I was on this forum, it is good to see it is still going strong.

My Boxster ownership (2004 Boxster S, 6 speed) is coming to close and it is time to sell it the beginning of March. The only major issue with the car is the bushing on the transmission, where the shift linkage enters the transmission, is worn out and needs to be be replaced.

So what do I do, sell the car as is (with full disclosure of course) and take the hit on the sell price, or fix it prior to selling? Car has 115K miles and according to KBB is only worth $7600 private party. Prices are getting so low it may not be worth the effort to do the repair.

If I decide to fix it, GBox is relatively close by (North of Denver) and they will do the whole job of dropping the transmission, replacing the bushing and reinstalling the transmission for $1300. $1000 of the job is just for dropping and replacing the transmission, but I really don't have the time or tools to do this job myself.

I know I will not get a 100% consensus on what the best decision is, but you owners know the market so I thought I would ask for opinions.

Thanks, Ken
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote