View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #15
mikefocke

The mechanic is competent. You choose him presumably because he was cheaper and not for specific Porsche expertise.

Did he tell you anything like "if I replace x and Y, that will solve the problem"? Or was it more like "should solve".

He found things that needed replacing. Replacing them fixed problems for you. You saw that they did solve problems, right? You did discuss if the other side needed the same, right?

After he did, he found that those problems weren't the only problems there.

Solving a problem that is caused or could be caused by multiple items or masked by other multiple items is a bear. I made a living doing it in the software world. There are many times I'd find a problem but it wasn't THE problem and it took another pass through things to find the next problem and only then maybe ...

You and your car will have profited by the initial parts replacement. If you don't believe that, go elsewhere.

If not, then try to get a better understanding of what happens next and who pays. Nicely.

It is a 18 year old car....and diagnosis even at a dealers or an experts shop is not a first time every time task.

Last edited by mikefocke; 12-30-2017 at 10:55 AM.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote