View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
dsallean

I should have known better...help

So I thought today would be a good day to go out and get a new Interstate battery as mine was needing to stay on the charger all the time to hold a charge. No problem, I'm off and I can go during the day and perhaps it won't be crowded. The local Interstate dealer is a combo Indy Auto repair (including batteries) and car wash. They replace the battery...didn't take too long. And as I was getting the car back the car wash manager walks over and offers to wash and wax the car (not for free), they aren't busy. At first I said no because I don't want to run it thru the wash, I prefer to wash it myself. But then I thought, what the heck, it's a good day so far, it's cold and I don't really want to wash it in the cold, let's just let them wash the car and then go for a quick spin then head home.

Car looks great. I get in to drive off and as I'm going down the road...of course adjusting the seat back to the proper position, I notice the radio is off and the heater is blowing pretty hot. I turn on the radio and whaaat...the display is all whacky. Then I try to turn down the heater and the down button won't work, only the up button. Then I try to adjust the fan down and it worn't work. Everything worked fine before. It appears they wiped down the dash with something that messed up the electronics.

Can I fix this???

Dave in TX
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote