View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
MWS

We have been thinking of replacing our 3.2l Audi Q5 with a Macan. I drove one when first out, and I'll admit I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped...didn't seem like a great improvement over the Q5. I should note that is was a Macan base and our Q5 has the larger engine, but I expected more. Now we are tossing around the choice between an SQ5 and a Macan Turbo; it's a difficult choice when a lot of both cars are the same, and the differences in performance are subtle and only under "hard" driving. Honestly we we leaning toward the SQ5 route as our other DD is an Audi (S5) and the familiarity of of layout is nice jumping from one car to another, however....Audi has totally redesigned the interior so the familiarity is gone. I suppose was could go with the previous generation SQ5 (and save some $$$), but it's tough to pull the trigger when after the new model is out, the previous generation just looks dated.

Perhaps I need to do a "gofundme" and buy a new RS5 and a new SQ5...or perhaps make the Boxster happy with a Macan GTS and a 911? If any forum members wish to assist, will be happy to send a signed photo of the cars in my garage, and a smile on my face.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote