View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #14
husker boxster

A car I always wanted to own but never did was a FI Scirocco (78-81). By the time I could afford one, my tastes had gone elsewhere.

I'd also always wanted a '90 300ZX. My sister had a few of this version and I'm glad I never bought one. Nice car, just not what I thought it would be but sexy none the less.

When I had just turned 16, I was looking for a wrecked 70 Mach 1 to fix up. My dad and I found a nice yellow 351 3spd that needed the front sheet metal put on. Unfortunately it had a tiny dent just above the windshield post and dad thought we wouldn't be able to get to the dent because of inner construction. Sadly, we passed on it, but it was in very nice condition. We ended up buying this one at the start of my JR yr in HS. We worked for months on it, partly fixing the damage, partly changing the color (factory color was ivy). It turned out nice but it had been thru the wringer by several of the previous owners. I think about that yellow Mach 1 often...

Here's what it looked like when we bought it in Sep '75.

Here's what it looked like hrs before I left for prom in Apr 76 (we barely got it done). We later put the trunk stripe and Mach 1 script on the trunk.

Later that summer:
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 12-05-2017 at 08:29 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote