View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #19
911monty

Garage
New owner.....cant sleep IMS ?s
I have wanted a Boxster for over 4 years now but I got a BMW Z3 2.5 instead, Its been a great car and I have enjoyed it, but I got the Boxster bug again several months ago. After alot of looking I found a beautiful 02 S. Its speed yellow with alot of extras and it only has 33k miles. I got the records from the local dealer and it got the RMS replaced in 06 and 07. The dealer also replaced the IMS "flange" in 07 and 08. Would this be considered the same as replacing the bearing? There are no leaks now and it runs great. I put a deposit on the car and Im suppose to finish the deal on Tuesday..........Any advice, comments, suggestions? I know all you seasoned Boxster owners are sick about the RMS and IMS problems, but please help a newbie out. Thanks in advance, Steve.
nobrakes is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

First off I want to say I am sorry this happened to you. However I hardly ever take things at face value. The above is your first post, now you say you had bearing changed and name LN IMS. What is the real answer? Somehow I don't expect we will hear back but this strikes me as tossing a grenade in a room and slamming the door.

Last edited by 911monty; 11-30-2017 at 08:48 AM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote