View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #88
Lemming

Last weekend I was at Barber racing with PBOC. All issues with the suspension were fixed and I did not do any further mods to the car. There were no other SPB cars at the race and my only hope for fun was a friend in an SP3 car. Unfortunately, he had car trouble for the enduro, so I had no good wheel to wheel action. I did push the car hard for the 60 minutes and it ran well with no issues. I was looking forward to the sprint races on Sunday as my friend fixed his car. Qualified with a respectable 1:44.7, which is well under the current SPB record at Barber. First race went well, but my friend spun early, one GTS2 car was on my tail for a few laps before I pulled away. Second race was a blast as it was very close with the sp3 car for the first few laps. He got me on the start, and I got by after a few laps. Once passed I started pulling away by 4-5 seconds, then the dreaded double yellow came out. Once we got back racing, the sp3 car got me coming out of the hairpin and going into T7 (more power) and with two laps to go, I was unable to get him back (but it was close). Great fun. Best part was that when I pulled away, I set my personal best lap of 1:44.3.

So far the car has been great. I really need to get it on the dyno and see what kind of power it is putting down, will do that in the next couple of weeks.

Pic for attention.

2001 986 S (parting)
2015 981 (sold)
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote