View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #86
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
Been awhile since I updated.

NOLA race was fun. Car was not handling well at all in the first race, it was bouncing off the front bump stops making the car hard to handle. Finished 5/8 in SPB. After the race I cranked the compression to nearly full stiff. Then we lined up for the second race and it dumped huge amounts of rain on us as we were sitting on grid (everyone was on slicks). We ran 3-4 laps without the race officially starting and then were brought in as the track was under water. It was nearly impossible to go straight at 20mph without hydroplaning. Race was moved to Sunday morning. The points race went well, car handled much better and I managed a 3/8 finish. About 1 hour after the sprint we started our 90 minute enduro. First 15 minutes were fine, but then the car started oversteering badly and I spent the rest of the race fighting the car. Turns out that the front sway bar bolt had broken and therefore was running with no front bar. It was interesting to say the least. After I was back home going through the car I also found a broken left rear shock mount, that is now fixed.

Engine and gearbox worked well and I'm happy with the results.

Pick below is from the enduro, making the inside pass into T13.

Nice results for a new entry!
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote