View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 05:58 AM   #15
Deserion
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Since this (somehow) got bumped, I'll give an update.

Long story short, had to reopen my policy's claim and fight with the insurer to have my bumper cover replaced. Once other body shop adjusters saw it, insurance adjuster had no ability to feign inability to see it.

Did the appraisal and claim towards the beginning of the year. It took them about a month to respond, felt their offer was too low. Tried to negitoate, they held firm, I made things get real and a few months later settled for a value I was satisfied with (after they kept putting up hurdles). Likely could have gotten more if I had pressed it further, but felt it wasn't entirely worth the stress of the insurer making a bigger fuss of it than it actually was.

Compared to the collision I was involved with in 2011 (hit a Pathfinder, very minimal damage to rear bumper cover but $10k to my car) where the driver submitted medical bills to my then-insurer (who responded "Your documentation doesn't add up for your injury claim, but here's $8k to go away"), they fought like hell over a fraction.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote