View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 11:13 PM   #2
RobertKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1096369fred View Post
Hey Guys,

I asked this on another fellas thread.... But on my brand spanking new (to me!) 1998 the driver's side window will not drop (does manually go up and down fine!) and my FRUNK won't open at all...(locked), I'm thinking the micro switch may be bad... Was gonna try the cable tie trick..... Or toss a bike cable tensioner in....if the issue is from cable stretch..... But if not.... I guess I will have to replace the micro switch...

Am I on the right track?

Pelican Parts - European Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche • BMW • Mercedes • Volkswagen • Audi • Saab • Volvo • MINI

Thanks!
Fred
The FRUNK has nothing to do with the window or door micro switch. There are no electronics controlling the cable release mechanism on that model year. The window however is a microswitch related issue. It could be slack that you could compensate for but a better and more lasting solution would be replacing the regulator in the door. Not the motor but the regulator assembly itself. In either case, that means removing the door panel which is kind of a pain. My 2001 S has the same issue on the passenger side. I'll be replacing the regulator over the winter months.
RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote