View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
Check he connections to the radiator
Interestingly... I had cleaned the radiators Tuesday afternoon, just two days before that 500 mile RT. They were just about as crummy looking as other's on here, but nothing extraordinary. I only cleaned the radiators because I didn't know when last it had been done... and there was a fair amount of debris in front of the condensers... and the usual round bunch of debris on the radiators themselves. Got a decent brushing, blowing, degreasing, and hosing.

About 10 minutes ago I returned from a 5 mile loop... reaching operating temperature, again, (did so about a half hour ago), and no leaks.. no smell of coolant (like last night, although I remember when exiting the car I smelled the coolant, thought nothing of it and, literally, walked away from the dump.

Now... the two dumps it took in the driveway surely was more than the 1.5 gallons of distilled I put in the expansion tank which, as of this writing, remains at the level to which I am accustomed. Again, the tank valve is open... to bleed off trapped air.

How long should I leave that open? When will I know that there is any air in the system or... is there air in the system if the tank dumped through the rear line?

Arghhh. I'd just like to know what was the root cause.

Thank you.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote