View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
Bump, I'm curious on this one. The coolant in the right side likely came out of the coolant relief line. No idea why but that is where it is. Good luck.
That's the safe assumption as I just returned from driving it to operating temperature... after adding 1.5 gallons distilled water... driving down a very steep hill, 1/2 mile, twice, with the expansion valve open... front engine cover off... heater on full blast... no smell... no leak. Reservoir tank full.

Now... on my drive back from Vegas I did drive it rather spiritedly. The drive to, it's first long distance road trip of mine in it, I was careful... not "beating" it. The return trip I would say so much beating it, but, when you're looking at an 8 mile straight stretch, the in the middle of BFE, yeah... I drove it spiritedly. That was 70 miles from home. The last 8 miles home was urban traffic... so the Rs were down considerably. To my discredit, I failed to look at the temperature gauge when I exited the car last night.

I'm going to check on the tank level a few more times... run it in the neighborhood...

If anyone would like to chime in on what they believe may have caused that line to spew in the right rear... I'd like to hear it. It happened for a reason... and I'll be a little anxious driving it for a 20... 30 mile run without knowing what might have been the root cause.

Thank you.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote