View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerRoadie View Post
When lifting the front of a Boxster, is there a single point in the front you can lift the entire front end that is well clear of the two front jack points?

If so, where is that point?

The idea would be to lift the front end at this point with the lift in one area, and then be able to place both jack stands and lower the car evenly onto them.

Can this be done?
When I was on my original suspension which was worn out after around 110,000 miles I was at Roebling Road Raceway and I needed to swap my front tires side to side, I seem to recall that I was able to jack up the front and swap the tires. But I have never been able to repeat it, it is always the two tires on the same side of the car that come up.

I now believe I must be remembering it wrong and that I must have used a jack stand to hold one side while I lifted the other side.

However, you can lift the whole car with just to lifts and put on jackstands:

Jack from the back of the car, as shown here (from the 101projects.com) and put two jackstands under the rear two jacking points. That is lift #1. Then lift from either side in the front using the front jacking point shown in that same link, and then set two jack stands in the front. That is lift #2.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote