View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post

- If the shocks are worn, then everything else is worn too. Have you thought about all of the rest of the suspension components?
I didn't even think about that - this is a great point.

There is some stuff that requires you to remove the struts to replace - and those should definitely be replaced when you change your struts - I'm talking about strut top mounts and bump stops. Front strut top mounts you can get Lemforder brand who I think makes the OEM ones, but for the back I've only found the OEM porsche ones which are around $100 each I think. Bump stop rubbers are cheap, and mine were all disintegrated when I changed my struts. The rest of little plates and stuff can be reused. Disclaimer, when I replaced my struts I replaced my front strut top mounts and bump stop rubbers (the bump stops were disintegrated and I could see cracks in the rubber bushings of the front strut top mounts). I didn't replace my back bump stop or back strut top mounts, they were much newer looking and I think had been replaced by the prior owner after an accident

All the the other control arms and sway bar bushings and things, you can evaluate on as needed basis and replace without having to take too much else off.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote