View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #21
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
We ended up trading it in on a Toyota Avalon, it was for our daughter and she just wouldn't drive it... She has probably put 5,000 miles on the Avalon already, and I don't think she put even 1,000 on that Miata It was automatic or I would have kept it for myself Even with automatic it was a blast to drive, I took it to a new parking lot that had been recently repaved and it was sooo easy to slide around!

Edit: If you ever need to get a family cruiser, be sure to ask your insurance agent for a quote a head of time, that Avalon, even though it is a 2007, was twice as much to insure as the other main family car, a 2007 Toyota FJ, which is worth much more than the Avalon. My theory is that a lot of very elderly people like the Avalon and so maybe they crash it a lot?
When I originally purchased the Miata I had it in mind for my youngest son for a Daily Driver. After a few trips in it involving Highway Driving I soon decided that having a teenage driver in it as a DD was a big mistake. The Miata was well bellow the sight line of any mid to large SUV, heck, I almost run into it in my driveway with my GMC Pickup. Great cars but IMO fun cars only.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote