View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #41
marck

Garage
Purchased my Boxster just recently and it's a fantastic car. 1998 5 speed, Ocean Metallic Blue, Savanna interior, OBC, Cruse, 71K miles. We have only had rear wheel or 4 wheel drive cars for the last 20+ years, mostly Miatas including a Spec Miata race car.

I needed a new car because the old Miata was just starting to feel a bit wrung out. I drove a Mazdaspeed 3 and I just didn't like the front drive setup and it felt too big inside. The wife's Impreza doesn't feel that big inside. So I decided to find a rear wheel drive and more Miata like. I found that Mazdaspeed MX5s are hard to come by, a Hyundai Geniuses, that I might settle for, was just a bit more than I want to pay and good 3rd Gen RX7s are pricy and very hard to find. Then I discovered you can get a Boxster or 911 for under 20K. I found this one locally and the body was in very good shape with a newish GAHH top and low milage. I kind of got starry eyed for it and didn't really check it out as well as I should have but I've gotten fairly lucky. It has decent service records and had the clutch and IMS replaced early in it's life. The dipstick tube was broken which lead me to over filling the oil which lead me to a new AOS and a few new vacuumed and breather hoses. The door lock mechanisms need replaced and the fuel door lock makes noise but doesn't work. Just got a Durametric tool and the ignition range 1 over reeves of only 890 are likely all me and 0/0 on range 2

marck is offline   Reply With Quote