View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 AM   #24
itsnotanova

Just to add my two cents.
80% of my business is to the racing crowd. I spend a lot of time talking to these guys and a lot of them are removing the accusump system because it isn't reliable (pressure switch)and is just dead weight. Of course you also have a bunch of people who swear by them. I'm leaning towards the useless side even though I have one in my car. I do like the ability to pre-lube though. That's when it's working at least. One thing they all agree on is the baffling in the oil pan. I think they all either use the X51, aftermarket or modify a factory pan.
Now when it comes to Cervelli's drysump system. It looks to be a wonderful system and has proven itself on the race track. Chris races in WRL and I don't believe he's blown a motor since installing his system. For those who don't know. Guys race for 8-24 hours in the WRL series. They beat the living tar out of these cars and 100 hours seems to be how long a motor last with them. Except Chris! Other race teams who compete with Chris are installing his system. It's not cheap but it might pay off in the long run. Here's the his website boxsterdrysump.wordpress.com or you can call him at 303-809-6173