View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
JPBJR

Smile I Did Everything Wrong But Got Lucky on My Boxster

Thought you would appreciate my new purchase. I am a senior living in the greater Denver area and presently own a Volt and a beautiful BMW Z4. I have owned over the years many superb sport cars but have never had a Porsche. While looking over the new Denver Craigslist adds last Friday I noticed a add for a 2004 Boxster, but not just any Boxster. The listing detailed that this was a Special Edition 2004 Boxster S which could be the lowest mileage Special Edition in the US! I quickly read about the Special Edition and foind out that only 2000 were produced with 500 going to the US! The Boxster was listed with 13000 miles and the owner was a senior who had to sell the car in a two day time period or it would go back to storage. This was because he was leaving for his other home in Phoenix. Unfortunately, when I called him I was informed that the car was sold within 20minutes of the listing and he was driving the car north of Denver to the new owner. He said thanks but an hour later I got a call from him saying the new owners wife looked at the car and said the car would be a chick magnet and would not let him buy it! What are the odds of that? In addition he said he was north of Denver in a small town called Loveland, which is where I live. I said stay where you are and I will be there in 5 minutes. When I saw this absolutely pristine car I knew I was going to buy it on the spot. The IMs was done and fluids changed but I blew off a PPI and took a chance on the buyer and the car! We completed the purchase that day and I now had two great sport cars in my garage. When I took it to the local Porsche dealer the service reps. drooled over the car and said they had never seen a Special Edition before and said it looked better than new! Let’s jusy say I was LUCKY but I also paid a premium price of 19k for the car. Now I don’t mind paying a premium price for a special car. I have been driving it all over town and several other Porsche drivers have come up to look at and admire the car! I will post pics. when I get a chance but if other Forum members are interested you can google several articles on a Special Edition. I look forward to learning more from the Forum and hope my leap of faith is lasting! I already can say “what a car”.
JPBJR is offline   Reply With Quote