View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
square-root

HAES 6x40 good or bad idea?

Hi all,

I bought a used HAES 6x40 Coupé Amp because my plan was to install rear speakers, but after replacing the dash speakers with Alpine SPG-10C2 I realized that it wasn't extra speakers I needed—I just needed better speakers.

Now, from what I have read on the Internet (and therefore I must be true ) is that I should've bought a Cabrio version of the Amp if I wanted to get better audio from the door speakers—since there's a builtin crossover on the door channels.

Now, I've bought some nice Alpine SPR-50C and my question is, should I:

A) Replace the door speakers verbatim with the Type-Rs, and just not use the included crossovers and 1" tweeters?

B) Reposition the door-channels in the wire harness to the amp so that the REAR channels are instead routed to the doors? The idea here is that hopefully the channels going to the rear will be less filtered and as such provide a better source to the Type-Rs.

B-extended) Adding the crossovers and tweeters to the doors too. I'm less enthusiastic about this since I want to keep the appearance stock.

C) Skip the original and the 996 HAES and buy an Alpine MRV-F300 and power the Type-Rs with that instead.

Addendum: The idea is to replace the CDR-23 with a Clarion NZ502E down the line, but want to make sure the speaker situation is addressed first.
square-root is offline   Reply With Quote