View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #23
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Sorry the reply from your P car shop is not good enough in my opinion .
He is not alone. ALL of our Top/Pro indy here will also refuse similar mods.

Anything drive train/aftermarket related is simply a no-go. Only genuine Porsche parts. If you want those flashy speed yellow coil-over with cool purple anodized preload adjusters, you need to go to the 'Performance Shops'. Which are often ran by teenagers dressed in NYC style raper gears I'm affraid. Yo~Wanna to see tatoo, yu-kome-my-shop-friend, I got "RACE" stuff also LOL

You can do a test at your end; ask your shop to pull up the official vehicle's (boxster/986) data and ask them to advertise their calculations for critical damping (sprung and unsprung). By vehicle data I mean total weight, front weight in percentage, unsprung weight, motion ratio, radial stiffness, natural resonant freq + system (un-damped), etc etc etc...

You will be in for a serious laugh I promise. Beware.... you haven't even reached asking for the low & high speed compression/rebound/damping ratio yet - those special one spec'ed for the Boxster freq that basically keeps you and your second-half(or 10y/old son) alive over high speed street bumps. Try! funny stuff I tell ya

Porsche man... Porsche