View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
HereIam

Unhappy Seller lied, got screwed on Boxster. Keep or sell?

What’s the right choice?

I bought a 99 Boxster from a guy who didn’t tell me about it’s suspension issues, and amazingly the Porsche prepurchase inspection didn’t reveal it. The problem is the previous owner put lowering springs on it, and there is no way to align the car properly now. He was in an accident, and I know why… He spun it because the car has no grip!

So here is where I am…
Base 986 Boxster. Under 70k mi. Paid $7000.

-Other than suspension, the car appears to be clean... other than a mediocre paint job in the spots he squished.

-I don’t think it is, and neither do I mechanics, but I don’t think I will be comfortable until I know for certain the frame isn’t bent...given the seller’s dishonesty. That will cost me $500-$1000 to find out.

-My mechanics tell me I have 2 solutions:
1. Return the car to stock suspension, $2500
2. Keep it low, but install proper racing suspension, $4-$5000

***IS RACING SUSPENSION WORTH THE MONEY???*** if I spent the money, would I enjoy a noticeable upgrade over the 986 stock suspension? Or would it be a really expensive way to lower the car 1 inch? I do like the 986 model, always felt like my last 986 could have been better planted, and having a little bit of a sleeper is appealing...But wasting money is not.

-I have spent $2200 on the major 65K tuneup
-PPI gave car clean bill of health
- I have invested $600 in personal touches

Last edited by HereIam; 10-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.
HereIam is offline   Reply With Quote