View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaRSA View Post
I really don't like commercial radio and I would like to swap out my original CD/AM/FM player in my 2004 Boxster S to a unit that has either USB or Bluetooth to stream my own music. I have the fiber optic cables and amplifier and I enjoy simplicity. Do any of you have suggestions? Thanks, much appreciated.
I have an 01 Boxster. I pulled out the silly cup holders and the stock radio and replaced it with a nice Double Din Pioneer from Crutchfield. If you get one of their package deals, you get everything you need to easily install the deck (adapter kit, wiring adapters, even the little things for pulling the old stereo out of the dash.)https://www.crutchfield.com/g_168550/In-dash-DVD-Players-Video-Receivers.html?tp=20217

The one I have has an aux plug port on the front, a usb port (tho I don't know if it's anything more than a charging port.) And a single CD slot. Bluetooth was available, but for some reason, I didn't choose it. The aux port can connect to anything, I used to use a cable to connect to a Sirius XM receiver (don't like XM anymore, tho.)

I replace the cd storage crap too. with a delete plate from BMW that costs about $12 or so.

Sorry for the lousy image quality, but it cleans up a cluttered dash and it's nice to have a sound system from this century!
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote