View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
stucatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeter15
Forgot I made this post, got busy with other things. Here is the deal, maybe someone will have some interest. As you know, one of the problems with having a convertible is locking things up when the top is down. As you also might know, the cup holders on the boxster are completely useless, they don't hold anything very big and most of the drinks I've ever tried to put in the slot end up falling out.

When I was changing out my radio head unit, I noticed how easy it was to remove the cup holder's. There are a few screws and then that's it. Why doesn't someone make a lockable tray that works on the same principle as the cup holders. You give it a push and it pops out, only inside is room for storage. With a tap into the security system you could require this to be closed just like the trunks before locking up the car. The electrical part should be easy, you could include a key hole or something else to mechanically lock it down.

Personally, I've got my concelled carry permit since I'm in an authorised state. I would love to be able to lock up my pistol and other valuables, but instead I've just given up on carying them when I plan to leave the top down. They won't fit in the mini-storage compartment between the seats and the storage behind the seats isn't secure.

This concept is not a secure place for a handgun. If you plan on getting heated, either stay heated or use the trunk. It's not a perfect spot but it's more secure than a console drawer, IMHO..

Last edited by stucatz; 08-16-2006 at 06:38 PM.
stucatz is offline   Reply With Quote