View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #16
98Sixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfix View Post
Newbie on this forum, but I have been on Pelican 911 forum for years....also have a 1973 2.7 MFI 911.

I recently bought a 2003 Boxster . I knew that car had some CEL issues, but it was a solid car with IMS replacement done and a fresh Tiptronic as well.

The car had been sitting for a year.

1. Battery was DOA so I replaced that.
2. started fine, but had a fuel leak ......cracked nipple on the vent valve on top of the fuel tank. New sender unit fixed that one...
3. Had a cell p0141. replaced 2 O2 sensors.
4. New air filter
5. New MAF
6 checked the vacuum lines on the engine. Check valve was not plugged into the inlet manifold
7. SAI solenoid line to SAI valve disconnected.

I studied a whole bunch about the Vacuum system and replaced a few of those questionable rubber connectors with good quality high temp 3mm silicon hose.

All check engine lights gone for now.....time for some driving cycles to reset the monitors so I can smog this thing.

Other things I tended to:

put 10 oz. of R134a in the A/C system and it went from cool to nice and cold.
Got the radio working by installed a 15 amp fuse in D8 slot.

replaced a top restraining cable that was broken
Hooked up the battery vent.

This site, Wayne's 101 BOXSTER TIPS and the Bentley manual have been very helpful, as have been Dave and Jeremy at TRE Motorsports.

The car is really nice. My wife is dying to get he hands on it.....I just want everything working.

Next project: Drive door window regulator R&R.
Nice Car, Hope you enjoy it. I just acquired a 2002 2.7 down in Orange County last weekend. I am up in the SFV and Dave and Jeremy at TRE have worked on my other P-car as well.

Check my thread on Super Car Sunday this weekend and let me know if you would like to join.

1973 914 2.0-Marathon Blue Metallic (Funday Driver)
1972 VW Beetle Convertible-Saturn Yellow (Sunday Driver)
2013 Panamera S Platinum Silver Metallic (Daily Driver)
2002 Boxster 2.7-Lapis Blue Metallic (Don't Even Ask!)
98Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote