View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
schnellman

The Whole Story

As you can see, it's a small (10' by 24') single car garage. I built it with the specific intent of having a home for the Box. I had the cement work done by a local firm because I wanted it done right and I don't have those skills. The garage is ten years old. There were absolutely no cracks or other blemishes in the cement.
Gorilla Garage came in and ground the cement which caused a moderate amount of dust. Their system collected most of the dust. They vacuumed and then put down the adhesive material and then spread the chips. The whole process is on their site. It was done by one guy in about six hours. I let it set for 48 hours before putting the Box back in. I'm really happy with the final product so far. The installer was great. He explained everything as he was doing the install.
I looked at snap in tile, but despite the fact I don't drive the Box in the rain, it happens sometimes. I talked to some friends with those floors and they said even the "solid" snap in tiles get water under them and then a slime and mold builds up. I didn't think vinyl or paint would hold up.
The last time I calculated snap in tiles it came it just over a thousand bucks. Now for the hard part, the Gorilla was just over $2,200 for my small garage. Hope this helps.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote