View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #6
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Sorta depends on how far you want to go with it. My 986 was in development for 10 years and I have spent a lot of time riding right seat in other peoples cars, both novice and top national drivers.

Some stuff I like:

>The M030 kit including struts and sways, corner balance and alignment. It is a pretty great setup for a dual purpose car. It firms things up just enough for AX/DE but is still very street friendly.

> Springs and GT3 A-arms, corner balance and alignment. This is what I have on my 987.2 now and it feels very much like the M030 kit with better camber settings and better tire wear.

> PSS9 struts, comp sways, GT3 arms, corner balance and alignment. This is the Spec racing setup and works pretty well on track but is marginally street friendly.

All of these work well if set up by a pro shop that knows these cars well. It will transform the cornering response of your car and make the most of your contact patch.

Stuff I don't like that have made cars unbalanced and unruly in the corners:

DIY setup changes including off brand struts, springs, or mismatched sways. The worst handling Boxsters ever have been DIY "tuner" setups by someone who thought they were making the car faster. If you want success in AX or TT, I ALWAYS recommend using a highly experienced shop with a history of putting cars on the podium. It just works.

YMMV

Last edited by Topless; 09-26-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote