View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 PM   #3736
RobertKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
A mystery like that would bug me and I would have to know WHY the coolant was gone from the tank.

Did you have the car in for service recently?

Perhaps your coolant tank has a crack, its a very common occurrence on our Boxsters as the plastic ages and becomes more brittle.

Check for wet carpet in the trunk near the tank or a puddle by the rear passenger side tire under the car.

Nope, no recent service. Bought the car in July and she's been garaged most of that time since. Coolant tank is solid, no yellowing and no leaks in the trunk. Likely the PO didn't take good care as there are no service records at all after the original owner bought the car in January of 2002. Has the new cap, no liquid in the trunk. My guess, is that I'm the first to drive her like a Porsche. I expect to have to replace the water pump and other items before too long. My Truck has gone through 2 water pumps, a transmission and suspension so, I expect to be dealing with all of those in the coming year or so. She's my weekend driver so, not a lot of road time with me.
RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote