View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #37
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdelorenzo View Post
Yes, that is the original cap that was on during the meltdown. I removed all of the carpet from the trunk before I took the car in to the mechanic. I had the tank replaced by him about a month ago. I left the carpet out. When it was spewing yesterday the trunk was dry. I wondered if the meltdown had cracked the bottle or not. If the cap were the culprit, wouldn't the trunk have coolant in it?
Yesterday the coolant was definitely coming from above the passenger rear wheel somewhere. I just looked again after letting the car cool overnight and very little coolant came out. The level in the bottle is a bit low, but not drained or even well below the min mark. I started the car briefly and it started right up and seemed ok.
I know that the mechanic's shop is in a very flat area and I drove it up hills yesterday, which is where I live. He gets in shortly, I'm going to call him. The biggest thing is of course it's a 3 day weekend, he's closed Monday and so is Pelican (local to me)
If the cap leaks the coolant collects and runs down the overflow tube behind the pass tire, as you reported seeing, you may also see condensation on the trunk lid above the tank. When the tank leaks coolant collects in the trunk.

Last edited by 911monty; 09-01-2017 at 07:15 AM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote