View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 07:59 PM   #29
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdelorenzo View Post
Got the car back from the mechanic. New alternator pulley and clutch, new belt, fixed hose leak. He told me he brought it up to temperature and it didn't leak or overheat.
He even told me that he drove it. I drove it for maybe an hour and there didn't seem to be any problems. I thought that I had dodged a bullet. The temp gauge never got above 195 the whole time, even when I got home.

Then as soon as I got home and pulled into the garage and stopped the motor, I heard a hissing sound and coolant leaking out onto the floor by the passenger rear wheel. The inside of the trunk was dry, as well.

Not a whole lot of coolant leaked out, but it doesn't look good, does it?
What would the symptoms of a blown head gasket be?
Isn't there a coolant overflow back there? Am I deluding myself thinking that it just may have been spitting out some overflow?
I can't call the mechanic until the morning, but what should I look for in the mean time?

edit: I just looked again, the oil is clean the coolant is pink and there does not appear to be any intermix.
Is it possible it's just burping out air or am I delusional?

The Mechanic said he drove it.....strange he didn't hear the hissing and see coolant on the shop floor Something is not right.....How much collant leaked on the floor?