View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #224
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Simplicity at its best! Type your destination address or location and press GO.

And that's it. It'll take you there in the very best of its capacity

^ Carries the main Volume trackbar. Full featured Turn by Turn Navigation System. Support off-course re-routing, waypoints, traffic optimizations, pay tolls avoidance, and come with a range of other features such as warning, compass degree, etc.

* Special Thanks to Microsoft Corp for making the Bing Maps REST Api available to the developers. The documentation and references was top class. Remarks: in terms of "routing calc mechanism", it beats OpenSourceMap, Yandex, and all the others by worlds apart - amazing work, Microsoft!
Just going through this remarkable thread about your latest design. So Cool and definately interested in one myself.

Question/Comment: So does this navigation system also work offline?
I think that in many places where reception is poor but the roads are good for Boxsters, like mountainous canyons etc while ralleying, you might want to be able to navigate off line. I have a system in my truck that uses Sygic or iGo for offline mode with the option of online additional info like traffic, time based routing etc.

Also, is it possible to have the OBDII sensors mapped on that car schematic and it flash in red at the sensors location when something is amiss? That would be incredible futuristic diagnostic screens.
Probably cause some car manufacturers to take notice and have to start their own version of such a program.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote