View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 03:43 PM   #5
CharlesGordon
Regional Moderator

Thumbs up At last, a happy ending...

Today I confronted the district magistrate with my attorney, and was able to get a "not responsible" ruling which avoids the nasty business of having to go to court and talking things to the next level. The next level being that my attorney would force the police officer to positively identify me as the driver, etc. And would of course entail my taking another day off work.

I can't tell you how nice it was to join a group of clueless civilians trying to defend themselves but have an attorney by my side! All I said the whole time was "hello," and "thank you." There is no way I could have done this by myself. The magistrate made it abundantly clear that she didn't like me ("Dangerous passing is much worse than speeding, and you don't deserve this, but...") but was dismissing my case to save the courts for dealing from what my lawyer would have made into a pretty weak case for the prosecutor in court. My attorney had the necessary connections to push this ugly thing in my favor. For this his high fee was absolutely worth it!

Feel free to email me if you have any questions; I'm now "in the know" about this particular process and I'd be happy to help other responsible drivers victimized by the local revenue system.

Hope to see some of you at the PCA "Porschefest" in Brookline this Saturday!

-Charlie
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote