View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 06:20 AM   #83
Lemming

Great test weekend at Road Atlanta, although it was stinking HOT! One good thing about the heat (95 with lots of humidity, 135 track temp), I found out that my cooling system works very well, water temps never got above 190.

This was my third test weekend in the car, first two at Barber. Because I was bouncing off the bump stops at Barber, I raised the car slightly before the weekend. During the first two trips I didn't understand all this talk about corner entry oversteer, that was until I went into T1 at full speed trying to trail brake deep as I always did in my 944 race cars. First step was to decrease compression in the rear, which helped a little but not enough, so I dropped the rear ride height and that helped quite a bit. I also had to chance my driving method through the corner to get back on the gas sooner to plant the rear. Will have to continue to work on this.

I did take one wild ride on Saturday coming out of T1, I closed the gap on a GT3 far too quickly at trackout and had to either lift, go off track, or hit him. I lifted, putting me into a spin and off track, doing a fantastic 360 and ending up to the left of T2. Luckily nothing was hit, but I did tear up some of the underbody plastic pieces. Data shows I went started the spin at 89 mph. Most of my driving buds were parked sitting at T1 watching the entire episode, took a bunch of crap for that one.
2001 986 S (parting)
2015 981 (sold)
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote